- KTRS Technology Appraisal Indicators : technology appraisal indicators that measure technological capability, marketability and commercial viability of technology projects undertaken by innovative SMEs
- External Environmental Variables : external factors such as interest rates, economic cycle and other macro-economic variables. Related information automatically arrives at the rating system
- Internal Environmental Variables : company's risk to commercialization
- Rating is conducted to produce the final rating which is determined by combination of technology business score and risk score.
- The technology business score is calculated by assigning ratings to each of indicators on a scale from A to E. The final score is determined by a weighted combination of these indicator ratings based on an AHP (Analytic Hierarchical Process) analysis.
- The risk score is a quantification of the risk associated with the company based on the company’s own commercialization risks and external risks in the environment.
- A final rating is produced by combining the two scores. The ratings range from AAA to D. The rating produced by the model is a measure of the riskiness and technology potential of a given technology project or a company. It is directly related to the probability of default of the corresponding business.