- KOTEC has been operating its guarantee-linked investment program since January 2005 in order to help startups and technology-based SMEs to better access direct financing and to improve their financial structure.
- The program, through which KOTEC makes direct investment in association with guarantee provisions, was stipulated as a formal service of KOTEC in March 2012.
- The investment is done in the form of the acquisition of stocks, convertible bonds (CB), and bonds with warranties (BW).
Companies Eligible for the Investment
SMEs meeting all the following conditions are eligible for investment.
- Startups with less than five years of business operation
* Companies supporting new/future growth engines and/or dedicated to R&D projects worthy of policy support may be exempt from this requirement.
- Firms that are already under a guarantee contract (or whose guarantee application is authorized)
- Excellent technology firms with technology appraisal ratings of BB or higher.
- Venture Businesses or Inno-Biz
Investment Ceiling on Individual Enterprises
- An investment in an individual firm shall be capped at KRW 3 billion, and the ceiling on gross amount of guarantee and investment at KRW 10 billion, provided that the investment amount shall not exceed twice the guarantee amount.
|Categity||TI 5 or highter||TI 4 or highter|
|Investment Ceiling on Individual Company||KRW 1 billion||KRW 3 billion|
|Ceiling on gross amount of guarantee an investment on Individual Company||KRW 5 billion||KRW 10 billion|